Orange Theory Fitness
- Architecture Design Sessions
- TMA Team Meetings – Technical design leadership
- Translating OTF requirements to technical implementation details
- Align vendors and internal teams technical
- Ensure we re-use API’s
- Ensure we do not recreate data base elements and we have a core data layer we are using
- Controlling access to AWS and limiting 3rd party access
- Encouraging the creation of re deployable systems, that are built utilizing cloud formation
- Setup and and enforcing access policies for AWS
- Weekly code reviews
- Providing training materials and guides for solutions
- Managing TMA
- Converting requirements from steakholders at OTF into technical requirements that can be assigned to a developer
Created all techincal papers for implementation of OTF systems by our development teams.
Established an in house “think tank” to help guide our fantastic developers out of state. Just like software development, if it wasn’t for delegation it isn’t happening.
Effectively delegating, and establishing a ownership based on the actual meritis of the developer as opposed to his senioutiry allowed me to focus on the bigger issues that required solutations.
Any decent developer will tell you that code shouldn’t only work well it, it should be well written too.
Cutting the tape between departments allows the company to do more with the same amount of resources. Rather than have a product manager try to direct branding with stick figures I instillied a brand
You never went to run your company on the bleeding edge. AWS is releasing new services ALL the time, impressive ones too.
Focus on the basics
S3 has been around for multiple years
Creating a data migration plan and aggregation rules allowed me to model powerful systems in hours
As the chief software engineer on the team I was involved in everything.
Sometimes executives buy licesnes for services that they don’t really need nor understand.
I was responsible for creating a framework that facifilcted the centralfication of all data within the company. working with other department heads such as BA
These solutions could be populated by a process as simple as an FTP upload
Taking owership of all internal applications
Cut down the cost and time of implemting complex applications with snappy UI’s that utlized our existing developer resources. If you know anything about app development, there isn’t a ton of objective c or swift developers working on websites these days.
This allowed the company to prototype and implement an application that worked on not only our customers mobiles, tablets, but even our desktops. By making choices when they matter you are able t
Compare this to the average development cost of x million, 8 months, and only works on iOS. I make it my job to understand the tech stack from the inside out. It is this knollege and working experience that allows me to breeze through challenges that are usually assigned to entire teams.